Update on the tessel arm

Figured I’d give an update on how the tessel arm has been coming.

I have since purchased a 3d printer kit…which was a little pain-staking to get going but now that I’ve got it working, unhealthy I definitely know it pretty well…which was the point.  I mentally prepared myself for the trials of getting it working and am continuing to learn still.

Using the 3d printer, I’ve been using a guy’s design and tweaking it as needed.

Here are some pics.

20160122_214324126_iOS 20160122_214338299_iOS 20160122_214316628_iOS

I’ve got it using pretty simple gcode right now.  The software is going to be the kicker for this.  I will end up having it work pretty similar to 3d printer to pic things up and move them.  I’d like the software to be pretty intuitive to the user, drag and drop “locations” and loops to handle tedious tasks.  =)

A buddy an I went in on a 10 pack of some 84oz/in torque steppers….and those things hold pretty well.  With the motors engaged, I can pick up the whole thing by the end of the arm and it doesn’t budge.  =)

Will post more as I progress.  Time for this is short but still fun to play with when I can.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*