First try with flexible filament

I decided to purchase some sample flexible filament to see if my printer could handle it without any modifications.  I decided not to go with the Ninjaflex as I would most likely have to modify my extruder (bowden style) and tube as it might be too flexible.  I ended up going with the Sainsmart brand….just purchased some clear off of Amazon.

All I did was turn the heat up a little (205 deg) and slow the speed down to 30mms.  No heated bed on my printer…just did my typical glue-stick and I am highly impressed with how my prints came out!  I started with just a hexagon shape just to see what would happen and then got more adventurous with an iPhone 6 case.  Came out amazing!  Ended up going with 3 layers on top and bottom and 2 layers for the shell.

Only problem is…I don’t have an iPhone 6…=(  I am sporting the Samsung Note 4 currently (I’m an Android guy at heart) but couldn’t find anything on Thingiverse that looked like a good print for this and it would take me forever to design my own.  Going to take these cases in to work and have some co-workers give them a try.  Might post an update.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*